Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Where Am I? Student Tracking Chart

My students are not allowed to leave my classroom whenever they want to.  They must ask permission go to the bathroom or the nurse.  Sometimes I also send students to the office with messages or to the library to return books.  I know that I am the one who gives my students permission to go to these places, but sometimes it is nice to have a posted reminder near my door to tell me where each student is.    This has also become very handy when I have students who leave my classroom at schedule times for extra support in reading or math.

I have the chart below printed and matted on construction paper and then labeled.  I hang this with a magnet next to my door with close pins numbered for each of my students.   I use numbers to identify each of my students so I can recognize where each student is, but a parent who may be volunteering in the classroom does not automatically know which students are pulled from my classroom for extra assistance in math or reading by looking at the chart.

I keep the close pins on "Learning in the Classroom" whenever my students are within my classroom.  My students are taught to move their clip to the appropriate box when they leave the classroom and then place it back in numerical order on the "Learning in the Classroom" when they return to the classroom.  I like to keep the close pins in numerical order so I can quickly tell which students are or are not in the classroom.  


This chart can also be helpful during fire drills or other safety drills to know where each child is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment