Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Packing Up the Classroom

Every year I have the fun task of clearing out my classroom so my floors can be cleaned over the summer.  All of my desks and bookcases have to be emptied out and moved into the hallway.  I am able to put a lot of book baskets in my cubbies for storage, but this year I had a new idea for packing up.  

At the beginning of the school year, I made 12 crate seats for my students.  I used these around my small group table and student computers.  During the year, I used these crates to store extra packs of notebook paper, tissue boxes.  As I was cleaning up my bookshelves, I stored a lot of books in these crates.  I designated some crates for my holiday books so they will be easy to get to next year.



My neighbor teacher had a wonderful idea to turn the wooden cushion over on the crate as she stored them.  This is a great way to keep the cushion clean during the summer.  I stacked many of the crates when I put them away.  By flipping the cushion over, I was able to keep the cushions from being squished all summer long.


Matthew 6:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment